fifty-five is hiring its Country Manager for China. As the Country Manager, you will be responsible for running our activity in China, and you will be the top executive of fifty-five in China. You will be responsible for the strategy and execution of fifty-five’s expansion. Your role will primarily consist in developing sales for the company, managing the Sales/Consulting team, and providing day-to-day guidance to other teams, from Expertise & Innovation to Marketing or Operations, to ensure they are supporting the overall growth strategy efficiently.
You will develop and execute the sales strategy and tactics to lead business acquisition through pitches, proposals and responding to RFPs, ensure timely closure of deals, and build the team and infrastructure needed to deliver our missions. You shall develop trusted relationships with the senior-level management of top Chinese advertisers and with fifty-five’s partner companies. This role will report direct to the Board based in Paris, France.
- Identify, foster and sign new business opportunities in China
- Sponsor relationships with existing clients at the highest level of seniority (CEO/CMO)
- Establish 55 as a key leader in the domain of Data-Driven Marketing
- Establish, enhance and maintain strong relationships with business partners in the country to generate qualified leads
- Implement and oversee a rigorous and thoughtful sales planning process to ensure sales objectives are met
- Recruit, motivate, develop, retain and evaluate employees to ensure that the function has the necessary skill base and that employees are optimally motivated and able to maximise their potential and contribution to the achievement of China’s targets
- Lead the fifty-five Shanghai office and provide day-to-day guidance on all aspects of the business in China. Successfully replicate the entrepreneurial, fast-moving, mission-driven fifty-five culture in the Shanghai office.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8-15 years' experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role in sales or business operations with P&L management responsibilities
- Solid experience in the digital/online marketing industry, either in consulting firms, marketing or business intelligence softwares or media agencies. Deep experience in sales/revenue generating roles with increasing responsibility and a strong track record of leading sales teams to exceed goals. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, you love building businesses and have done it before.
- Strong network amongst decision makers in China and possibly beyond in HK/APAC markets
- High level of comfort managing different teams across functions, with a proven record of bringing your team to a higher level of performance, and providing them with the proper orientation to achieve their goals.
- Experience working in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Excellent public speaker. You enjoy spending time with customers, and have the ability to cultivate relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders. You have a distinctive ability to communicate complex ideas in succinct and compelling ways.
- Sharp, self-motivated, result-oriented, and able to build a plan and execute it to make things happen, while upholding honesty and integrity and without compromising attention to detail
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Native or fluently bilingual in Mandarin Chinese. Bilingual in English.